Applications for employment can be submitted accordingly:
Download an application in PDF format.
In person during regular business hours to the Reception Desk located at
116 W. Needles
Bixby, OK 74008
Attn: Human Resources
City of Bixby
PO Box 70
Bixby, OK 74008
Bixby Fire Department is accepting applications for the following position.
The City of Bixby is currently accepting applications for the position of Fire Fighter. The Bixby Fire Department is a progressive combination department that currently works out of two fire stations and is located in southern Tulsa County. The City of Bixby offers a very competitive salary and benefits package. Candidates must successfully complete a written and physical agility test. Applications are available at www.bixbyok.gov or at City Hall. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on August 8, 2014.
Submit completed applications to City of Bixby, Human Resources, 116 West Needles Ave., Bixby, OK 74008 or email@example.com The City of Bixby is an EOE.
Bixby Police Department is accepting applications for the following position.
The Bixby Police Department is a progressive organization dedicated to the concepts of professionalism, integrity, dedication, and selfless service. We employ individuals who are highly qualified, motivated, and who share the standards and values we uphold. If you fill that you are a qualified individual and have the desire to protect the citizens of Bixby and its growing community, please contact the Bixby Police Department at 918.366.8294.
Interested individuals must meet the following requirements:
• Be at least 21 years of age at the time of the written exam
• Be a US citizen
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Have obtained a high school diploma or GED equivalent
• (Commissioned Officers Only or otherwise designated in Official Posting) Have successfully completed at least 60 hours of college credit or have an Associates Degree or above from anapproved accredited institution. It shall be the applicant’s responsibility to verify their school’s accreditation status prior to entering the application process for any full-time sworn position within the Police Department.
• Have never received a conviction for any felony crime in this state or another, including crimes in another state which would be considered a felony in Oklahoma
Interested individuals must meet the following driving standards:
• No more than two (2) moving violations within the past three (3) years.
• No more than one (1) at fault accident in the past three (3) years; or, if an at fault accident has occurred in the past three (3) years, not more than one (1) additional moving violation in the past three (3) years. Two (2) at fault accidents in the past three (3) years will cause the applicant to be ineligible for consideration.
• No D.W.I., D.U.I. or Reckless Driving (alcohol or drug related) violation within the past five (5) years.
Bixby Parks Department is accepting applications for the following position.
SPORTS FIELD WORKER I
Under general supervision of Sports field Supervisor is responsible for performing a variety of semiskilled and skilled tasks; works on job assignments or as a member of a work group engaged in planned or scheduled general care, maintenance, or renovation activities involving City properties and facilities and other related assigned duties. Details here
Public Works Department is accepting applications for the following position.
STREET DEPARTMENT CREWMAN
Performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance work, and operates a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair, maintenance, and replacement of street and storm drainage facilities and systems. (One position open) E/O/E
Return completed application to: City of Bixby, P.O. Box 70, Bixby, OK 74008. Attention: Public Works Department
The City of Bixby is looking for nuisance abatement contractors for the 2014 spring, summer and fall seasons. Applicants must have $1,000,000 General Business Liability Insurance with the City of Bixby listed as an additional insured. More Info
One of the fastest growing cities in OK, the City of Bixby is an EOE.